Kristin

Kristin
My buddy Kristin, with whom I'll be shooting some BEER2WHISKEY videos, and me at the awads dinner for this year's Texas Truck Rodeo.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

NFL Playoffs: A Steelers Fan Today -- A Jets Fan Tomorrow

Getting ready to head out for the Steelers/Ravens game. Going to give a joint I've never been in a try. I'm told it's a Steelers stronghold. If nothing else, at least the stool I'm sitting on will be. I could stay home and watch the game, but I want to surround myself with like-minded, hard-core Steelers fans. There is strength in numbers.

I have a friend who is a Pittsburgh native. Although she now lives in Toledo, she keeps pretty close track of sports analysis out of the Burgh. She forwards Steelers-related stories to me nearly every day during the NFL season. I, of course, then forward them on to other Steelers loyalists I know.

Although these pieces are positive and quite insightful, none has predicted a winner in today's contest. I guess the thinking is to avoid jinxing the game. I won't tinker with that approach. Although the Steelers/Ravens are considered one of the game's great rivalries, I don't harbor any ill will toward the Ravens. It is a great team that never fails to give Pittsburgh a good game. Do I want the Ravens to win? Not on your life, but I don't hate or even dislike them.

No, my hate I reserve for the Patriots and the most despicable coach in the NFL, Bill Belichick. As will most of the nation tomorrow, I will be a New York Jets fan for a day. The only thing that will improve my mood with a Steelers victory today would be a Jets win tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment