The Whiskey Vault

The Whiskey Vault
This year's Whiskey Vault outing with Texas Auto Writer Association buddies in Austin for the Texas Truck Rodeo.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

You're in Virginia; It's Perfectly Okay to Wine!

It should come as no surprise to anyone who follows this blog, even occasionally, that I enjoy a glass of wine from time to time. I'm no expert, but I am a gifted amateur.



Armed with only my burning desire to broaden my wine horizons and, of course, my willingness to go almost anywhere, anytime on someone else's nickle, I spent several days late in 2010 in the wine country of Virginia.

I was there for AAA; but in the spirit of double-dippers everywhere, I followed up my travel piece in AAA Go Magazine with a frugal-advice piece on touring wineries on the cheap for Bankrate.com that just posted last week.



It was actually a wonderful trip. I like Virginia a lot and the state's tourism folks are simply the best. I had a blast! That we spent three or four days slurping wine didn't negatively impact the experience either.

Here' the link to the story at Bankrate followed by a link to the same piece that was picked up at FoxBusiness.com.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment