The Whiskey Vault

The Whiskey Vault
This year's Whiskey Vault outing with Texas Auto Writer Association buddies in Austin for the Texas Truck Rodeo.

Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Paddy's Day and Beyond!

I am into Day No.3 of the 2012 St. Paddy's Day Celebration and Drinking Contest. I am beginning to show the wear and tear.

I arrived in South Florida late Saturday morning. Just in time to join in the pre-party lubrication. Amy and I also managed to go to Fah, my favorite Thai restaurant, for some stir fry before adjourning to the party. It was a barn burner!

Historically I am the lightening rod for whatever crazy someone decides to bring with them. It's usually my job to identify and annoy the nut jobs that show up at these events. We don't consider a party a success unless I've been called an "asshole" by a least one female guest.

Somehow, though, this year's crazy and I never had an encounter. We interacted a bit, but she rained her crazy on other people. I am disappointed.



At lunch yesterday -- the "morning after" -- the kids were brimming with stories about this woman, and I wasn't involved in any of them.

I must be losing my touch.

Last night's post-St Paddy's Day party was a rollicking success. I love being me!

Now I must somehow figure out how to hold on for the post-post St. Paddy's Day celebration.

We have a friend who is a big deal at Boston Proper. They are doing a photo shoot in Delray today and tomorrow. We were supposed to go watch some of it today, but it just didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow…

If there is a tomorrow….

No comments:

Post a Comment