The Whiskey Vault

The Whiskey Vault
This year's Whiskey Vault outing with Texas Auto Writer Association buddies in Austin for the Texas Truck Rodeo.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

I Can't Allow Blogging to Interfere With My Wine Sipping



I had every intention of writing a full-blown entry today, but time just got away from me.

I was out of containers of frozen red sauce for spaghetti and had to make that this morning. Making it used to take me about 20 minutes; but now that I use all fresh stuff, it takes 60 to 90 minutes. So my analness (I don't think that's a word, but it sure applies.) is partly to blame.

I also have a bunch of work that I am falling further and further behind in. I even had to break down this week and schedule myself to make sure I get everything done. This is way to much like a job!

Before I went to the gym today, I had to do research on the 7 best cars for urban warfare. Now that I have them chosen, I can fly through the writing tomorrow and Monday.

Today was the day I also had to buy everything I need to get my lawn mower running. The weeds are charging the front porch. I've got to change the oil, the air filter and the spark plug. I bought all of those, but I still need to buy a tool to set the gap on the plug. The auto parts store near me was packed both times I drove by; so it will have to wait until Monday.

It's late afternoon and I had to decide whether to do write something creative or just come up with a space filler, allowing me to sit on my front porch, read and sip a little vino. As you can see, coming up with a space filler won the day.

Now I'll grab a quick shower and relax with a good book. I always have a novel and a nonfiction book going at the same time. I'll be reading the nonfiction one this afternoon. It's a biography on Calvin Coolidge. I'll let you know what I think when I finish it. It could be a while, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment