The Whiskey Vault

The Whiskey Vault
This year's Whiskey Vault outing with Texas Auto Writer Association buddies in Austin for the Texas Truck Rodeo.

Monday, December 19, 2011

A Shout-out to the Steelers as I wrap Up a Florida Boondoggle

Enough bellyaching about the Steelers!



James Harrison hasn't endeared himself to anyone this year; me included. It was a cheap hit on Colt McCoy and Harrison was rightfully suspended for a game -- what, as it turns out, is a very significant game to the Steelers playoff positioning.

Perhaps James will finally get himself under control. He's been fined enough this year to pay for a kid's college education. Maybe the suspension will finally hit home. It certainly will have had a major impact if Pittsburgh loses tonight.

Three weeks into this season I was beyond convincing that the Steelers would be, in any way, not just heading to the playoffs, but contending for the No. 1 spot in the AFC. They must, however, get past San Francisco tonight -- a tall order, particularly with Roethlisberger hurt, as well as Pouncey and Harrison out. But as one of my Steelers buddies said, "Tis the season for miracles." I believe; I believe; I believe…

Yesterday was certainly a day of miracles. The only thing that would have made it a clean sweep is if the despicable Patriots had lost. There is very little in life that gives me as much pleasure as watching that snot Brady throwing a tantrum on the sideline. I wish Denver had been able to reach deep and hand New England another loss. Oh well, life is full of disappointments.

I won't get to see much of tonight's game no matter what happens. I have a flight tomorrow out of West Palm Beach to Atlanta. That means a wake-up call. Then I have the two-and-a-half-hour slog from Atlanta's airport home. I have out-of-town company arriving tomorrow afternoon, and all of the entertaining that entails. No rest for the weary…

In the meantime, the weather in FL is near perfect. It's a bit windy, but otherwise gorgeous. It must be somewhere…

No comments:

Post a Comment