The Whiskey Vault

The Whiskey Vault
This year's Whiskey Vault outing with Texas Auto Writer Association buddies in Austin for the Texas Truck Rodeo.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

NYC: All Things Considered, I'd Rather Be Almost Anywhere Else

Like hitting myself on the shin with a claw hammer from time to time, I forget the pain of being in New York City until I return to it. In the back of my mind I know I don't like it, but I forget from visit to visit just how much I hate it.

I am currently in a limo as it slugs its way from LaGuardia to The James Hotel in the city. It is raining like Noah should be in his backyard in Queens building a vessel to hold two of every ethnicity.

It didn't help that my flight was more than an hour late arriving, throwing this drive into early rush hour.

I'm not sure why a car company would actually chose to have a media launch in NYC. But then, there's a lot I don't understand. I can tell you that it's not the best location for driving under ideal weather conditions.
It's Fiat-Chrysler's intro of the Fiat 500 convertible. With the weather forecast predicting more thunder showers tomorrow, I don't hold much hope for any top-down driving.



Seems like tomorrow may be a good day to sleep in and blow off the event. Yeah, like I'm going to do that.

I'll just grow a little older sitting in stop-and-go traffic wishing I really knew what it's like to drive the Fiat 500C.

No comments:

Post a Comment