The Whiskey Vault

The Whiskey Vault
This year's Whiskey Vault outing with Texas Auto Writer Association buddies in Austin for the Texas Truck Rodeo.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Grammys: Yawn

Well darn, I missed the Grammys last night. I guess in a year when F*** You was up for Record Of The Year, I just didn't see the point. That Lady Antebellum's Need You Now managed to edge it out in the voting, I guess, infuses some degree of legitimacy into the awards; but I probably won't tune in next year either.

It would seem in the battle of the Ladys -- Gaga and Antebellum that is -- Lady Antebellum came out on top with five Grammys to Gaga's three. I was on the edge of my seat. I actually like both of them. What does that say about my tastes in music?

I am pretty much over music awards shows. There must be eight or ten of them through the course of a year. Enough already. MTV still does its award show, a hold over from when it actually featured music in its programing. Why? Do we really need it? Maybe there should be a History Channel music awards show, too. Or how about an HGTV music awards show?

In fact, I'm fed up with awards shows, period. I guess, though, if we still have televised beauty pageants, we'll never get rid of awards shows for music, movies and so forth.

I'm just glad that I'm not a shut-in, and have to stay home and watch that crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment