The Whiskey Vault

The Whiskey Vault
This year's Whiskey Vault outing with Texas Auto Writer Association buddies in Austin for the Texas Truck Rodeo.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Shake, Rattle and Roll: Virginia's Earthquake Felt in Good Ole SC

 
I just experienced my second earthquake.

I had no clue what it was until I logged on to AOL and read a short news blurb that said a 5.9 quake hit Virginia. No info yet on where the center was, but I was in northern Virginia yesterday.

Today I'm back home in South Carolina. I was sitting in my recliner eating lunch when things started shaking. It probably lasted 5 or 6 seconds. At first I thought I was having an episode. Having discounted that, I thought it was just a big piece of earth moving equipment or some other uber-heavy vehicle driving by.

My only other earthquake experience was early one morning when I was visiting friends in Louisville. A quake hit somewhere in Indiana. I didn't need to turn on the news to figure out what was happening that time. Even though it was Kentucky, I knew it was a quake.

A quake today and the possibility of a hurricane on Friday.

Where's the plague of locusts?

No comments:

Post a Comment