The Whiskey Vault

The Whiskey Vault
This year's Whiskey Vault outing with Texas Auto Writer Association buddies in Austin for the Texas Truck Rodeo.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Yes, Virginia, There Is a Wine Industry in the Old Dominion

 
More than a year ago I traveled to Virginia at the behest of AAA's Go Magazine to write a travel piece on Virginia wineries. I must admit I was thoroughly surprised by the quality of the wine industry there. Whites are the specialty, but a number of the VA wineries are producing some very decent red blends. Over the years I have spent several weeks touring Virginia, most of those trips were during my stint with the Discover America TV series. It remains one of my favorite places to visit. Here's the link to my Go Magazine story; if you need a Carolina zipcode to access it, use 29605:

No comments:

Post a Comment