The Whiskey Vault

The Whiskey Vault
This year's Whiskey Vault outing with Texas Auto Writer Association buddies in Austin for the Texas Truck Rodeo.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Even the Best Three-Year Plan Might Take Four or Five

Launching into my last full day in South Florida. It has been a glorious run. The weather couldn't have been better. I managed to see a lot of friends this trip. Part of yesterday was occupied zooming up and down A1A in my buddy's fully restored 67 Stingray convertible terrorizing elderly motorists. What a great way to spend a couple of hours.

My Corvette buddy and his wife own a lot on Paris Mountain just outside of Greenville. They announced to me yesterday that they are on a three-year plan to move up. All of the Florida people I know with property in Greenville (and there are a lot of them) are on a three-year plan -- some of them are in the fourth or fifth year of their three-year plan.

In fact, I only have one set of Greenville intenders who have actually managed to sell their Palm Beach County home, build a house in the Greenville area, and move. One down and seven to go. Two of the aforementioned seven really live in Ohio, but I count them among those with property and plans. If I live long enough -- highly unlikely -- I may have an entire circle of transplanted friends.

I am not holding my breath.

The couple I am staying with on this trip is another one of the seven. They have a lot in Cherokee Valley. They also bought a condo where they stay during their many annual visits. Their Delray home is currently on the market; when it sells, they are moving up. They have had plenty of lookers. The fourth group to see the house since I've been here is scheduled for this afternoon. That means that before I shove off for today's activities, I must repack everything and get it out of sight. It's just a temporary part of the Chinese fire drill that goes on here every time a realtor calls to set an appointment. I forgot what a hassle it is to "show" a house.

Their three-year plan is in year four. My fingers are crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment