Kristin

Kristin
My buddy Kristin, with whom I'll be shooting some BEER2WHISKEY videos, and me at the awads dinner for this year's Texas Truck Rodeo.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My Advice: Drink Heavily

I'm ready to take comfort where I find it.
 Right now I am fairly consumed with work and other nonsense that can't be put off. It's a royal pain.

With a trip to my sister's on the schedule for later in the month, I suddenly find myself awash in projects that can't be postponed. This is not good for a world-class procrastinator and black-belt slacker.

Going into this week, I had eight major client assignments to research and write. I have three more minor ones that would take little time at all to knock out, if I could get the sources I need for each on the phone. I am getting ready to go live with a Web site on Greenville and I, as the sole provider of copy, have been burning the midnight oil writing for it. I have a Florida buddy doing the heavy lifting, building the thing, but I still have to make the lion's share of decisions. My head hurts.

I also am in the process of tearing down my shed. Travelers Insurance – that lame-ass, bastard of a company – canceled my homeowner's insurance after three weeks when its inspector found asbestos siding on my shed. Without even a “by your leave,” Travelers canceled me effective two weeks from now. Thanks to my end-of-the-month travels, I have to pull the shed down and scrounge up homeowner's coverage in the next 10 days or so.

Then, I also have out-of-town guests coming to stay Friday night. That means the house needs at least a somewhat good cleaning. I HATE house cleaning!!!

I am under excruciating pressure!

I'm almost too frazzled to drink...almost.

Hey, there's an idea....

No comments:

Post a Comment