The Whiskey Vault

The Whiskey Vault
This year's Whiskey Vault outing with Texas Auto Writer Association buddies in Austin for the Texas Truck Rodeo.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

My NFL Season Begins Tonight: Go Steelers

The NFL season begins today. Well, I know it really began earlier in the week with some also-rans playing a game, but today is the first game of the Steelers' schedule. It's the beginning of the season for me.

I haven't been keeping close watch on the preseason or all the details of who is playing and who isn't. Moreover, my Steelers friends who usually pass a lot of information on to me have been uncharacteristically mum during the preseason.

I always look at the injured list on game day and am mortified to find so many Steelers starters aren't suiting up today due to injuries. What! The damn season hasn't even started. Apparently some of these guys can't push themselves away from the dinner table without pulling a groin.

I'm a little apprehensive about tonight's game. This isn't unusual for me; when it comes to Steelers games, I'm a glass-is-half-empty sort of guy. But I am particularly twitchy about playing the Broncos because of Manning. I'm not nearly as concerned about his talent as his health. The Steelers defense is a hard-hitting bunch and I don't want them responsible for knocking Manning out of football. I hope he is as healthy as he's been reported to be.

Of course Harrison is one of the guys who probably won't be playing today, so Manning may survive to play another day.

Go Steelers!

No comments:

Post a Comment