The Whiskey Vault

The Whiskey Vault
This year's Whiskey Vault outing with Texas Auto Writer Association buddies in Austin for the Texas Truck Rodeo.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

I Am Creatively Bankrupt...at Least for a Day

I am in the clutches of a creative funk today.

I did knock out a piece on the Monticello Wine Trail for one of my clients earlier this morning; but beyond that, I've got nothing.

I have skimmed through the entertainment sites looking for the latest Hollywood type to make an ass of themselves, but couldn't find one worthy of my and -- by extension -- your attention.

I then searched for a list of TV series already canceled for this season, but the only two of any note -- and very little note at that -- are both from NBC. No surprise there. NBC has been on life support for two or three years. If it wasn't for the many iterations of "Law and Order" and a couple of comedies, it would be running a test pattern from 7 pm until 6 am.

The two canceled series: "The Playboy Club" and "Free Agents." Can anyone at NBC say with a straight face that he or she thought "The Playboy Club" actually had a chance to be a hit? What a bunch of nincompoops.

"Harry's Law" is about the only NBC series I watch, but I see the producers made some sweeping changes for this season, so I may abandon it.

For all the guys out there, I'll just ask the obvious question: How do you dump serious hottie Brittany Snow from the cast? I'm not a big fan of David E. Kelly's shows; pushing Snow out the door takes away one of my few reasons for watching.

I am also giving "Prime Suspect" a chance. I'm not particularly fond of its central character, so this may be a very short trial, indeed. The only other NBC show I'm keeping up with is "Up All Night." It's a comedy that I'm watching solely because it stars Christina Applegate. I think this is her third series since "Married With Children" left the air. I doubt this one will fare any better than the other two, but I'll watch while it's on. I've always liked her.

So, as you can see, I am at a loss for a nonpolitical topic to expound upon.

Maybe tomorrow will be better. At least I'll have the Steelers to kick around again.

No comments:

Post a Comment