The Whiskey Vault

The Whiskey Vault
This year's Whiskey Vault outing with Texas Auto Writer Association buddies in Austin for the Texas Truck Rodeo.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

After Nearly Four Years, My Cat Still Misses Florida

I don't need to see the leaves change colors or drop off the trees to realize the average temperature is beginning to dip; I have a living temperature gauge in the house: my damn cat.


It must be fall because I have once again become her bestest friend.

As soon as the temperature in the house drops below 70 degrees, she is looking for a lap to fill. Because I'm the only lap in this house, it's mine.

This is true whether I am at my PC working, sitting in the chair in my bedroom trying to put on my shoes or lounging in my recliner watching TV.

Chillier temps turn her into a major league mooch. She is nothing if not a Florida cat.

She will sleep in my lap for as long as I am willing to sit and let her. Oh, she might hop down to get a drink of water or a couple of mouthfuls of food, but then she is right back.

If I get up to get something, she jumps down without complaint, but is standing at the ready when I return to my seat. If I don't come back within four or five minutes, she stalks me in the hope I have taken up residence in another chair somewhere else in the house.

Although I find it sort of charming for the first week or two, by mid January I am fed up with a fur ball lying on me nonstop.

Looking at the calendar, I calculate I have at least another 130 days of dealing with this.

It's going to be a long, long time until spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment