The Whiskey Vault

The Whiskey Vault
This year's Whiskey Vault outing with Texas Auto Writer Association buddies in Austin for the Texas Truck Rodeo.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Mondays Are What You Make of Them

I somewhat look forward to Mondays because it's a day of rest.

Oh, sure I crank out some work, but rarely do I go out on Monday nights.

I stay home, chill, and ponder my existence and my place in the world.

Yeah, right.

No, what I usually do is catch up on my TV watching.

Is the DVR the greatest invention since the cotton gin or what! You just program it once for a favorite program and it records every episode.

Hell, I don't even have to set the clock; it automatically sets itself. If the electricity goes off, the clock resets itself when the power comes back on. A giant leap forward from VCRs. I had a VCR for years that never did have the clock set correctly.

In any event, that's what my Mondays normally consist of, catching up on all the TV shows I recorded the past week and haven't had an opportunity to watch.

A glass of wine and a little "Burn Notice," "Hide in Plain Sight," "The Glades," "Royal Pains," "Rookie Blue," "Covert Affairs," and "Suits." Mindless entertainment for the easily entertained. Just what the doctor ordered...well, Dr. Heaps anyway.

Ya gotta find a way to make Mondays worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment