The Whiskey Vault

The Whiskey Vault
This year's Whiskey Vault outing with Texas Auto Writer Association buddies in Austin for the Texas Truck Rodeo.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

When It Comes to Blogging, It's the Quality and Not the Quantity...I Hope

I just noticed that my blog count for this month is the lowest since I began this endeavor last November.

In fact, I'm about six entries off my monthly average.

I must admit this has more to do with my travel schedule becoming much busier than anything else. I have been on the road more in the past month for business than in the previous five months combined.

Life is a series of choices. I often choose wrong.

When on the road for a car manufacturer's event, the choice I have to make is, I can either go back to my room and write something after dinner, or I can head for the hospitality suite -- or in some cases the hotel bar where the host company is running a tab -- catch up with old friends and drink someone else's Maker's Mark.

Let me ponder that choice for a second....yeah, I'm heading to the hospitality suite.

I can work when I get home and have nothing better to do; not to mention having to pay for my bourbon myself.

It's a no brainer.

I have two car events and a long weekender in FL during July, so I'm not making any promises, but I intend to do better.

Just keep in mind that if my work ethic was better, I'd have a real job and wouldn't have the time or energy to screw with a blog anyway.

That's my justification and I'm sticking with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment