Kristin

Kristin
My buddy Kristin, with whom I'll be shooting some BEER2WHISKEY videos, and me at the awads dinner for this year's Texas Truck Rodeo.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Verizon Blinks: Striking a Blow for the Little Guy

For those of you on the edge of your seat, or who put in a sleepless night fretting over my $35 dispute with Verizon, please relax. In an e-mail from Verizon's Elaine (Evidently Shaniqua was taken off the case.), I was informed that the $35 credit has been made to my current balance due.

Not sufficient to send me out to my driveway to perform the happy-boy dance -- it is 32 degrees and raining out there after all -- I am pleased, nonetheless, with the outcome and the extra $35 I will have in my pocket as I head into the new year.

Although this wasn't exactly a Rosa Parks moment, it was a small victory for the "little guy," a category into which I am destined to always be lumped.

I am pondering what to do with my windfall. Should I spend it on an evening out in celebration of my triumph? I could put it into my savings account....nah. Maybe invest it? Everyone seems to be abuzz about gold. Now I have more insight into the complicated decisions Bill Gates faces daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment