The Whiskey Vault

The Whiskey Vault
This year's Whiskey Vault outing with Texas Auto Writer Association buddies in Austin for the Texas Truck Rodeo.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Verizon Blinks: Striking a Blow for the Little Guy

For those of you on the edge of your seat, or who put in a sleepless night fretting over my $35 dispute with Verizon, please relax. In an e-mail from Verizon's Elaine (Evidently Shaniqua was taken off the case.), I was informed that the $35 credit has been made to my current balance due.

Not sufficient to send me out to my driveway to perform the happy-boy dance -- it is 32 degrees and raining out there after all -- I am pleased, nonetheless, with the outcome and the extra $35 I will have in my pocket as I head into the new year.

Although this wasn't exactly a Rosa Parks moment, it was a small victory for the "little guy," a category into which I am destined to always be lumped.

I am pondering what to do with my windfall. Should I spend it on an evening out in celebration of my triumph? I could put it into my savings account....nah. Maybe invest it? Everyone seems to be abuzz about gold. Now I have more insight into the complicated decisions Bill Gates faces daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment