The Whiskey Vault

The Whiskey Vault
This year's Whiskey Vault outing with Texas Auto Writer Association buddies in Austin for the Texas Truck Rodeo.

Monday, March 11, 2013

A Whole Lot of Nothing


It's been a quiet week since returning from New Mexico. I have been in somewhat of a recovery mode. Well, not really, but it sounds like a good reason not to have posted a blog in several days.

I have actually had a lot of work this week and just haven't felt much like writing for the hell of it. I had two bigger stories on deadline for the same client and another client that dropped one in my lap last minute that needed written ASAP!

As a matter of fact, I don't have anything to write about today, but here I am filling space.

I decided a long time ago not to blog about things overly political. If it weren't for that decision, I'd have plenty to say. But my topics must be vanilla, so I'm stumped.

I will use this opportunity, however, to revisit a topic I wrote about a month or so ago: my eBay/PayPal shopping debacle. Here's what's happened since I tried to purchase a used camera and couldn't get PayPal funded for the transaction: nada. If you remember, I tried to fund it, but eBay wouldn't let me. In any event, the transaction wasn't consummated, as they say.

What's taken place since? Ummm, nothing. I haven't heard another word. I also haven't looked at my eBay profile to see if the seller steamrolled me. I gave him plenty of opportunities to make the sale work. He was unresponsive. So, while there could have been some repercussions, there weren't any that I'm aware of. I'm fine with that.

So, here I am at Smoke on the Water; eating some dynamite BBQ, drinking some over-hoppy Southern Tier IPA waiting for some of the Wednesday-Night Irregulars to join me.

Life is good in the South!

No comments:

Post a Comment