The Whiskey Vault

The Whiskey Vault
This year's Whiskey Vault outing with Texas Auto Writer Association buddies in Austin for the Texas Truck Rodeo.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Winter's Request


Is this winter ever going to end?

Every time I grow even a little optimistic that the miserable weather is waning, winter dropkicks my keister into next week.

Granted, winter in South Carolina isn't what it is in Buffalo, NY, but all things are relative.

Yesterday it was sunny and in the high 60s. Today it's raining and 38-degrees.

I don't exaggerate when I say that my front yard as been muddy for 10 uninterrupted weeks. I don't think we've gone more than three days in a stretch without rain during that period.

One of the aspects of South Florida that I always hated was the lack of seasons. Well, there are seasons if you count "70% humidity" and "95% humidity" as seasons.

But my issue with seasons in Greenville is that winter is given a larger window than spring or fall. In fact, because spring seems to be so late in arriving this year, we may just jump directly from winter to summer. I don't like that.

It's high time for winter to take its sorry ass on down the road. Could someone please do something about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment